Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Importance of Social Media

Social Media has received a stigma from many who have not learned to embrace it.  I am at a new school this year and one of the things that I love about my principal is how much she supports me as a media coordinator and embraces technology.  Our principal has done a wonderful job of increasing community and parental involvement at at school where there was very little support.  She's done this primarily by using Facebook and Twitter as a means to connect with the principals.  I come from a generation where I can barely remember not having a computer in the home.  I use social media for everything (event planning, communicating, researching, surveys, etc.) We have to face it - parents are almost as connected as our students!  This dissertation really sums up how beneficial it is to use social media as a tool to connect with parents.  Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment