Monday, November 23, 2015

Technology in a Thai Classroom

Picture retrieved from this site: http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_citizenship_asia_pacific/archive/2014/05/27/thai-teacher-brings-technology-into-the-classroom.aspx

This picture shows technology being used to increase English Proficiency in a classroom in Thailand. This picture and article really hit close to home.  My mother is from Thailand.  I grew up speaking Thai.  My love for education and teaching came from my mother.  In Thailand, only the priveleged attend school and make it out with a high school education.  You have to pay to go to school there. There is no such thing as public education.  My mom only has a 4th grade education but has always instilled respect for learning in me and she has always told me how lucky I am to have grown up in the United States.   

No comments:

Post a Comment